China lockdown rule-breakers paraded in hazmat suits in public shaming
Alleged violators of China’s Covid lockdown rules have been paraded through the streets of the city of Jingxi in Guangxi province in front of a large crowd wearing hazmat suits
In the city of Xi’an with 13 million habitats there have even been social media claims that people are starving due to not being allowed out to buy food.
Now four alleged violators have been walked through the city of Jingxi in Guangxi province in front of a large crowd.
Dressed in white hazmat suits they were surrounded by heavily armed police and wore placards showing photos of their face and their names.
The four in Jingxi have also been accused of moving illegal migrants while China’s borders remain closed, said Guangxi News.
The newspaper also said it was a “real-life warning” to the public and a deterrent over “border-related crimes”.
The Jingxi government website has also claimed that other alleged human traffickers have been paraded through the city recently.
In November a parade was held in front of a crowd where an official read out their supposed crimes via a microphone.
China has had a strict approach to dealing with Covid outbreaks dating back to the start in Wuhan with lockdowns.
New stricter rules have come in as part of a crackdown in China – although only 175 Covid cases have been reported in Xi’an on Tuesday.Previously a member from each household was allowed to go out every other day to buy food.
Tim Hanlon / www.mirror.co.uk