International Beer Day 2022 Facts And Quotes
Representation. Beer cans. BARALOUS/PIXABAY
International Beer Day is marked annually on Aug. 5 to celebrate the alcoholic beverage loved by so many around the world.
The day was founded in 2007 by a California man named Jesse Avshalomov and his colleagues.
According to its official website, International Beer Day is carried out “to gather with friends and enjoy the deliciousness that is beer,” “to celebrate the dedicated men and women who brew and serve our beer,” and “to bring the world together by celebrating the beers of all nations and cultures on this one remarkable day.”
International Beer Day is not the same as National Beer Day, which is marked in April, and is celebrated only in the U.S. Here are some interesting facts about beer:
- Evidence of brewing goes back about 5,000 years.
- The study of fermentation in brewing is called zymurgy.
- China and the U.S. are the top beer-producing countries.
- The fear of having an empty beer glass is called cenosillicaphobia.
- Beer is the drink of choice for 44% of Americans.
- Suman Varandani / IBT